United States Immigration and Customs
United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
At the United States port-of-entry, an officer of the ICE department will review your documents, including the passport, visa stamp, important letters, and the I-20. The visa eligibility document (I-20) will be processed by the ICE, with a page returned to you along with a card directing you on how to print the I-94. The entry date listed in item #5 of the I-20 is the last possible day to use this form for initial entry to the United States. New students may enter the US up to 30 days before the indicated start date on the I-20. You should ensure that you are traveling with the following documents as they will be needed upon entry into the US:
- Your original I-20 document
- Your valid passport with visa
- Admission Letter to FAU
- Any additional documents supporting your education credentials
Additionally, be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What and where will you study?
- Do you have family connections in the US?
- What are your plans for returning to your home country?
- Where will you be staying in Florida?