FAU Meal Services
FAU strives to provide exemplary service to all its guests and welcomes all to its dining facilities. It's state-of-the-art residential dining locations offer a large variety of food and often host special menus and events.
In an effort to provide outstanding service to its students, faculty and staff, both FAU's Boca Raton and Jupiter campuses provide resident, commuter and employee meal-plan programs, which include access to its full-service dining halls with all-you-care-to-eat buffets.
Students are able to choose from several different types of meal plans during the Fall and Spring semesters. Owl Bucks can also be used at any FAU dining location on campus.
- Atlantic Dining Hall is closed during the Summer semester and there are no meal plans available. Other food outlets on campus are open during the day until 5pm.
- ALL first-year undergraduate students who are required to live on campus must purchase a meal plan (Summer semester excluded)
- GSSP students living on campus during the Summer semester will be placed in housing with kitchens
- Students living off-campus and Graduate students who choose to live on-campus are NOT required to purchase a meal plan (Grad apartments have kitchens), but may wish to buy a Profiler Meal Plan or Swipe & Save Package which is much cheaper than buying meals individually
- Students may downgrade their meal plan if they wish during the first week of the semester
- Some meal plans come with Flex Bucks (used in the Food Court and other locations outside the Dining Hall). Unused Flex Bucks expire and DO NOT carry over to the next semester!
- You may apply for a Meal Plan Exemption only for medical or religious requirements. Keep in mind the dining hall is very accommodating to different types of medical conditions and provides a variety of kosher and halal items among others. If you feel your needs cannot be met, complete the Meal Plan Exemption Form, collect the appropriate documentation and submit to studentservices.FAU@navitas.com ASAP before arriving at FAU.