Academic merit scholarships
To recognize academic talent and engagement, Navitas provides a limited number of merit-based scholarships each semester to continuing undergraduate students who maintain their full-time enrollment in the Global Student Success Program. Scholarship applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to fostering intercultural understanding through their active engagement within the university community. Scholarships range in value from $500 up to full tuition for one semester, applicable toward tuition expenses of the Global Student Success Program at FAU. A student must be continuing in GSSP in the following semester to receive the scholarship.To be eligible for scholarship consideration, students must submit an application. A link to the application is provided to all students toward the end of each semester. During the scholarship evaluation process, the GSSP staff may contact instructors or organization leaders/members to verify information provided on the application.
- Be currently studying full-time;
- Have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the semester prior to being eligible for the scholarship;
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have received a merit scholarship from Navitas
The scholarship applies to the second or final semester of enrollment for an undergraduate.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the FAU Global Student Success Program. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student's account during their second semester of study or their final semester of study for an undergraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second semester of study or final semester of study for undergraduate/postgraduate programs to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or partner institutions in any circumstances.
- Partner institutions reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results and GPA from the previous semester of study.
- Campus/Community Engagement. Students will be asked to provide details of their non-academic engagement activities. Students are encouraged to complete the FAU GSSP Passport Program, which helps to quantify and qualify engagement activities and supports resume and career building.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
- Outcome of scheduled interview (if required)
Notification of results
The scholarship panel from the FAU Global Student Success Program will announce the recipients of the FAU Global Student Success Program academic merit scholarship upon the completion of each semester and the release of the results.
Students are not required to complete a separate application form for the scholarship as it is awarded based on academic performance and ALL students are eligible.All terms and conditions are correct as of 5 September 2017 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the FAU Global Student Success Program or Navitas Ltd.
The bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for up to 8 units of study within one program only with a FAU GSSP partner institution. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken and excludes mixed English options.
- Family Bursary applies where two or more students from the same family study at a FAU GSSP partner institution.
- The first family member can be studying at a GSSP partner institution at the same time as the other family members or may have studied at any GSSP partner Navitas institution previously.
- The family bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study at a bursary partner institution.
- Not have previously received a partner scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary withdrawn.
For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the partner institution. The value of the bursary will be recorded on the student's account each semester of study.
- The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
- Family bursary is not applicable to English language program or any component of any English language program offered by FAU GSSP bursary partner institutions.
FAU GSSP bursary partner institutions
The family bursary applies to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, Deakin College, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, Griffith College, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe Melbourne, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, LBIC, NIC, PUIC, PIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, FAU GSSP, UMass Boston ISSP, UMass Dartmouth GSP, UMass Lowell GSSP, UNH GSSP, UC College, UCIC, UNIC, Western Sydney University International College, and Western Sydney University – Sydney City Campus.
A completed application must be submitted to the FAU GSSP together with supporting documents, such as birth certificate, or family card. Application form can be obtained from the institution where the student has enrolled.